Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yet Another Reason to Hate Moving...

Moving means getting a new phone number. We would totally get rid of our home phone altogether, but with the girls, I feel like we need it in the event of an emergency(which with 3 teenagers in the house is a very distinct possibility)..although some people might consider the fact that all 3 of them don't have a cell phone an emergency...hey we're horrible parents, OK? Anyway, so I was horrified at the thought of having to learn a new phone number after having the old one for 5 and a half years. Luckily though, we got a pretty easy one, so I have that down, no problem. It does seem, however, that the phone number gods love to give us the phone numbers of the people who never paid their bills, sot hey changed their number so the collection agencies would stop harassing them. Well guess what, now they're harassing me! We get 10 calls a day looking for Mr. Timothy Gentle, whom I proceed to explain to them that he no longer has this number, and then I can feel it come over the phone line. That disbelieving tone of contempt when they ask, "well, do you know him"...um if I did I'd tell him to pay his dang bills. And then comes the suspicious, "How long have you had this number"...long enough for you people to be annoying! Oh well, hopefully people will start to get the message, or the bill collector super sleuths will be able to use their resources to track down Mr. timothy Gentle and harass him at his new number!

No comments:

Post a Comment