Sunday, May 16, 2010

Almost There.....

We are just two weeks away from joining the "trying to get pregnant" club.  It seems like we have been waiting forever.  First we were going to start trying in January.  Then I decided we needed a little more time to prepare  (ie: pay bills off and save more money...of which we've made very little headway, since life seems to keep getting in the way).  Anyway, we are just two weeks away, and it seems like the time has flown by so quickly.  Now all the thoughts of morning sickness, heartburn, and aches and pains are starting to seep in and freak me out just a little.  Not that I am a stranger to any of these, since I am practically a professional childbirther, but the thoughts of wondering if I/we are really ready, are still there.  I wonder if one is ever really ready, but I know it all works itself out in the end.  Chad seems to think we will be pregnant within a month or two, but I am not so easily convinced, as I will soon be 38, and my eggs are probably on covered in cobwebs, and will need a walker to get from point A to point B.  After having three children of my own (when I was much younger), and doing 5 rounds of IVF to conceive 3 surro-kiddos, coupled with working on an antepartum unit, makes one way to knowledgeable about everything that can go wrong during the process.  I do however, have faith that it will all work out however it is meant to, and just have to accept that someone other than me is in charge.  Ready or not, parenthood, here we come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment