Monday, June 13, 2011

Another chickie has left the nest.......

and while I'm not thrilled about it, that's what they do I guess.  Kayla, my 2nd daughter, graduated from high school this past Saturday.
And she left this morning to embark on the rest of her life.  She's decided to move back to our home state of Texas and give grown up life a try there in the Lone Star State.  I know it will be good for her, and hopefully she'll learn a lot.  But I also know that I'll miss her terribly, and worry about her constantly...because that's what mothers do.

Here's a picture of our family...plus one, our niece Maddie.  Please excuse our "comfy" clothes.


I gave Kayla the book 'Oh the Places You Will Go' from Dr. Seuss, because I know that life will take her on a journey, and I hope it's an amazing one.

Here's a picture of Kayla and her boyfriend Robert, who came to NC to drive back to Texas with her...thanks Robert!


Even though you've driven us crazy over the last 18 years, we love you very much, and hope that life only holds good things for you, although we all know that's probably not the case, but know that you always have a soft place to fall, and a family who loves you!




No comments:

Post a Comment