Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4 Days Old...

Took her to the pedi today for a weight check, and she's down almost 1 pound from her birth weight....to 6lbs 14.5 oz, and she wasn't having enough poops and pees...which I already knew because I don't think my milk started coming in until last night sometime.  We met with one of the lactation consultants and it seems that she's only getting about 10oz after a 20 minute feed because she doesn't like to latch on correctly and only wants to put the nipple in her mouth, and is pretty lazy about doing it correctly.  So, I'm feeding her every 2-3 hours, giving her 2 oz of formula after each feed, and pumping for 10 minutes after every feed...needless to say, my boobs are freaking killing me!  We go back to the pedi on Wed to check her weight again, and will meet with the LC again on Monday or Tues, and go from there. 

I am finding that being the milk maid is wearing me out, to say the least.  I have to feed her every 2-3 hours, give her a supplement feed, then pump for 10 minutes, and then clean everything up so it's ready for the next go-round...which it almost seems time for by the time I'm done with all of the above!  I'm totally pooped, and a hormonal mess anyway, and with all of this going on, I think it's a lot worse( I busted into tears at the lactation consultant's office yesterday...haha).  So eventhough I'm exhaused, you do what ya gotta do, right?  Ok, off to feed again!

No comments:

Post a Comment